Game play options and suggestions

Tyr
Quiet One

Game play options and suggestions

Post by Tyr »

I know alot of people like to focus on their own teams, but having at least 4 full somewhat active alliances throughout the duration keeps things interesting and somewhat fun. I've seen that a few people are trying to keep newer players around and active. That's pretty cool.

From what I've seen this game, the success differences between the top tier alliance and the rest, are just staggering. Not to take anything away from them, it's earned, but I'm just not seeing a desire to match it in the rest of the player base. This can be from focusing on other goals, time zone differences, or lack of activity.

2 experiments that I'd suggest are a Prestige system and a player draft game.

For Prestige, give the leader a fixed number of secret switchable prestige designations to assign to alliance members, let's say five. Prestige could be earned for the alliance through trading, killing, exploring, planet/port levels busted etc. Losing prestige for the alliance could be kept as simple as taking a pod while holding the designation. The alliance having the most prestige at the end of the game would be declared as the outright winner of the game.

Player Draft version

We may have tried this before, I'm not sure. Simply put, it's player draft choices by agreed upon leaders in a fast speed game. This would be a place for all players to put down their arguments and see who can manage to work together for some real fun. Would'nt it be great for newer players to be purposely mixed with others who they would never get the chance to play with? Personally, I would like the chance to team with everybody that I have'nt before, but the game's somewhat social structure does'nt make it easy.

Please, comments?

Tyr
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Game play options and suggestions

Post by Holti »

Draft games are already being done :)