Mines/Planets suggestion and feasibility

Archive of rejected features. All features should have a reason for rejection.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Mines/Planets suggestion and feasibility

Post by Freon22 »

RCK wrote:The best solution, would be the creation of a new force, for instance "Attack Drones" which an alliance could purchase to defend there territory, make them restrictive to planet galaxies only (to prevent someone from locking down a specific neutral or racail)

This allows the mines to be used to "slow down" an attacking team, while still providing protection for smaller planets/territory.
I like this idea, its about time we get something new that changing things a little. One thing they should cost more then CD.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

So how would these attack drones work? You have a sector with 20 stacks of 50 if they work like mines. Then only the first stack will attack so you would have 50 combat drones attacking you as you entered the sector. From this point you could back out through your green sector or try another sector and get hit or you could attack the stacks and get hit.

The only thing I worry about is if you have 20 stack of 50/50/5 so I think it would be fair that any stack that has attack drones could not have mines.

Edit: I added this idea to the "Request A Feature" in the game.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Freon22 wrote:So how would these attack drones work? You have a sector with 20 stacks of 50 if they work like mines. Then only the first stack will attack so you would have 50 combat drones attacking you as you entered the sector. From this point you could back out through your green sector or try another sector and get hit or you could attack the stacks and get hit.

The only thing I worry about is if you have 20 stack of 50/50/5 so I think it would be fair that any stack that has attack drones could not have mines.

Edit: I added this idea to the "Request A Feature" in the game.

Your right, best way for them to work is function as mines, could be a nice twist that if u sat IS with them for X they attacked you. (Cause really they are Attack Drones).

As for combat within the drones, I would keep it to the current combat code, since logically if u initiate a combat you should fire first.

As for stats on the drones...
a Combat drone/Mine is currently 3 damage to kill (if i remember correctly) and 20 damage against the player.

I purpose AD's having 1-2 armor and being able to do 40 damage against the player.
As they are "Attack Drones" they would be built to attack not with a defensive idea in mind but offensive.

This results in a full 50 stack being able to inflict 2000 damage (vs 1000 with mines)

Another random idea.... Planet Galaxy beacons, customizable by the alliance leader to something like "This galaxy is occupied by *Alliance Name* Proceed at your own risk" Would stop those newbies from wandering into galaxies and dying to mines, though its kind of a give away if your trying to hide...
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Currently combat drones do 2 damage whilst in sector or on a ship, with 3 armour each.

Although this idea does seem to have become mines with higher damage but lower defence which I personally don't really think is different enough to make them a different type of force as it stands.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

RCK wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

The best solution, would be the creation of a new force, for instance "Attack Drones" which an alliance could purchase to defend there territory, make them restrictive to planet galaxies only (to prevent someone from locking down a specific neutral or racail)

This allows the mines to be used to "slow down" an attacking team, while still providing protection for smaller planets/territory.
i have a whole suggestion about this both on the boards and the requested features page.
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10857
i killed orca.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

silverx2 wrote:
RCK wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

The best solution, would be the creation of a new force, for instance "Attack Drones" which an alliance could purchase to defend there territory, make them restrictive to planet galaxies only (to prevent someone from locking down a specific neutral or racail)

i have a whole suggestion about this both on the boards and the requested features page.
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10857
If i recall, that thread went the same was as JJ and me's conversation last night :)

Logical vs illogical

One side has to win out eventually...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Your idea had to do with game controled ships. So when someone entered your planet galaxy they would go out and attack the ship that entered your galaxy. The Attack Drones would have to be set in a planet galaxy sector. So if you had 50 Attack Drones in your stack has soon as you entered the sector they would attack for 2 damage points each. If in your auto return fire you did not destroy them all the remaining Attack Drones in that stack would attack again. So lets say your allance has sector x set with 5 stacks of 50 Attack drones.

AD 50 / S 5
AD 50 / S 5
AD 50 / S 5
AD 50 / S 5
AD 50 / S 5

The reason I am only showing 50 Attack Drones and 5 Scouts is because if you have a Attack drone in your stack you can not have a mine. But a player can set mines and CD just like always if they want. The below sector would have a total of 50 mines, 200 Attack Drones, 50 Combat Drones, 25 Scouts. Since how the force attack use to work is when you enter a sector with attacking forces only the top stack attacks. In this case the 50 Attack Drones would attack for 2 damage points each = 100 if you did not destroy them all with your auto return fire then say 5 attack drones were left they would attack again for 10 more damage point. If you stayed IS and attacked again the next stack would be the 50/50/5 which is the 50 mines. After destroying those you would be attacking the 50 Attack Drone again in the stack. All of this would have to be tested in Beta to make sure it was not over powered. Also this would take Page and the rest of the players feeling that the idea had some merit.

AD 50 / S 5
Mine 50 / CD 50 / S 5
AD 50 / S 5
AD 50 / S 5
AD 50 / S 5

Edit: These Attack Drones are like smart mines but instead of hitting you just one time they can hit you again if you don't destroy them or leave the sector.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

all 50 hit 100% of the time? Why would you bother laying a stack that does a Maximum of 100 damage per round, over a stack of mines that do considerably more damage?

i guess i don't understand the second part,

50ad/5s
50m/50c/5s
50ad/5s

you move in the ad attack and you destroy them, what happens now? do the mines just explode on you? then what does the next stack of AD start shooting?

it just seems Very ineffective to lay AD as opposed to mines
i killed orca.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

My original thought was a combination of the 2.

EDIT: At work atm, so cant get into 2 much detail, will reply to posts here tonight
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

basically my biggest concern regarding the game right now is its very static and linear.

step 1.) get some money
step 2.) choose the best galaxy
step 3.) fill it with forces
step 4.) wait

i know its more in depth then that, but thats what it boils down too. There needs to be a more dynamic presence in the game to keep things moving and fun, and i don't see adding another static force type as the solution, because in the end all it does is sits there and waits. this means an alliance can effectively work around the majority of the forces to find the quickest route to their target

its just very static, and to be honest Very boring.
i killed orca.